Aaaahhh… handbags. Don’t we love them, but how many do you have and which handbag goes with which outfit? In this video I’m going to give you a few guidelines on how to pick the right handbag for an outfit.
One of my viewers, Madamoiselle, asked me to do a video on how I choose a handbag for my outfits. Believe it or not, I don’t have a big selection of handbags. I travel quite a bit and tend to choose a bag that goes with most of my wardrobe, but I thought I would give you a few guidelines that you may find helpful.
1. What is the occasion? If you are going to a party, an oversized handbag can ruin your look. Rather choose a small cross body – if you are going to be dancing or a clutch.
2. What are you likely to need? There is also no point in carrying a little bag and trying to stuff things in it that just don’t fit. What do you need to take with you and choose a bag accordingly.
3. What kind of bag is practical for you? For more tips on this, you can check out my video, ‘How to choose the perfect bag’. I’ll put the details in the description below.
4. How does the bag look with your oufit?
5. Your handbag doesn’t have to match your shoes, but sometimes it can be useful.
For more personalised tips consider one of my image makeover services for women over 40. Click here for more.
Tracy Gold shares her top fashion tips for women over 40.